Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back, But Only for a Couple of Days

I'm back from a fabulous trip to New York with my brother. We had a blast! Once I get my pictures sorted out I will make a post. Here are some highlights: being a Bleacher-Creature at Yankees Stadium, watching our stop whiz by on the subway and not knowing why the train didn't stop, a sore neck from staring up at the buildings on Wall Street, getting yelled at at the Met for touching a statue, mastering the crosswalks like a true New Yorker then almost getting flattened by a bus, savoring cheesecake, partying in Jay-Z's private room at the 40/40 Club, a bumpy ride through Central Park on a bicycle rickshaw. Stay tuned for more...but it might be a while. I leave for FL (another cross-country trip) on Thursday and won't be back until Sunday. And next week we move. I don't know how I'm going to make it until the end of the day let alone another two weeks. I'm exhausted. Well, here's some comic relief:

Here are a few things people told me when I was younger that I now find quite amusing:

Don’t stare at a dog pooping because you’ll get a pimple on your nose (I’m totally serious)

If you chew gum past 9 pm it’s as if you’re chewing the bones of your dead dog (buried in the backyard)

Don’t do chest traps (in soccer) or you’ll get breast cancer (I believed this until my college phys. ed. teacher set me straight)

If you eat too much fish, you’ll turn into a fish – it was either that or you’ll get paralyzed

If you shower too many times a day, you’ll turn into a fish

If you swallow a fish bone or a piece of an egg shell it will pierce a hole in your heart and you’ll die (to this day I still chew fish about 100 times and am super careful when I am cracking eggs)

If you turn your eyelid inside out it will get stuck that way (my husband agrees with this one)

No comments: