Friday, October 26, 2007

Blog Changes

I am trying to get my readership up. I have about 5 readers (Austin, Houston, NY, ME, and Sweden). But I like to tell my husband I only have 2, not including him. So I was thinking of making my blog more of hey, this is what it's like being an engineer, living in the Bay Area with a non-Mexican engineer husband, 4 cats, in a 900 square foot, 2-floor condo sharing 1 pretty old car. I aspire to model my blog after my sister-in-law's and concuños (Spanish term for an in-law-in-law). They chronicle their lives living in Maine. When I read their blog I feel as if I too am living in Maine, without actually having to be there.

So I'll try to fill you in on the more exciting details of my life on a daily or every-other-day basis.

I am currently re-watching season 2 of the Sopranos. Monkey, the big adventurer in the family, was gone for about 3 days. She returned yesterday around noon, and slept for about 34 hours straight. She just woke up and is whining at the door to go outside, but since it's late, she has to stay inside. I don't know if I could ever sleep for more than 10-12 hours straight, no matter how long I stayed up.

6 comments:

Will said...

How many comments do I have to leave before I get counted amongst your readership? :P Ask yourself what your goal is with the blog; is it for you or for others? Write it more like a newspaper if it's geared to a wide audience. Specialize in something....what's your niche? Bay Area living is interesting but I'm sure there are lots of blogs like that. What can you offer that's unique?

jay said...

The difference is though, my darling, its 40 degrees in Maine right now. I'm sure its a lot nice out in California :)

Anonymous said...

Do not forget I too am your reader.



Mom

Pablo said...

That must have been some party Monkey went to. I would need about 12 hours of sleep myself after 3 days of whatever it is she was doing (I'll keep it clean for now).

Cleaty said...

Sorry Mom and Will! You guys have been loyal readers and commenters and I shouldn't have left you out. So make that 7 readers...counting one in DC and one in Southern Cali.

Pablo said...

I hope your mom didn't read my very inappropriate comment. Sorry Mrs. N!!