Friday, June 19, 2009

Bits and Pieces

For the second time in his life, the Peanut only woke up 1 time last night and slept 7 hours straight. I, on the other hand, woke up about 4 times, wondering why the Peanut had not yet awoken and to check on him. The funny thing is that we had been bedsharing once again for the past week (we enjoy bedsharing so much we can't stop), and last night was the first time we put the Peanut back in his bassinet. We'll probably have him sleep in his bassinet again, and we'll see what happens tonight.

As I was leaving for work one morning last week, I noticed the husband was setting up the xBox and projector to watch a movie:

Me: Oh, what movie are you guys going to watch?
The Husband: Jackass.
Me: Ummm, I don't think that's a good movie.
The Husband: No, it's a good one, it has good music.
Me: Ok. (and I walked out the door)

When I returned that evening, it turned out that Jackass was in fact not a good choice. Oh well. Live and learn. But the Peanut had been watching a lot of Cosmos. Whenever Carl Sagan is on the screen, the Peanut starts talking back. It's soo cute.

My mom and the husband teamed up to care for the Peanut last week. I think it was a good week for everyone. The husband goes back to work on Monday and he's already missing the Peanut. The transition is hard but it does get easier as time goes by. My mom will be flying back and forth every week to take care of the Peanut this summer. Then we'll have to figure out what we do...daycare, nanny, stay at home mom/dad...decisions, decisions.

Well, that's it for now. I'm so glad it's Friday. I'll try to get more pictures up soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, your mom is flying back and forth every week? that is crazy, did she win the lottery? if you can do it, my vote is stay at home mom/dad, from teaching for so many years, kids just want their mom or dad with them, and one that is loving and something tells me you both are :)

Cleaty said...

Hey, thanks for the advice on staying at home. We are still thinking about it a lot. We have a couple of months to make a decision. We are actually buying my mom's tickets. It's cheaper (and better) than daycare which is $1600/month.